Welcome to Big Island Timebank
Big Island TimeBank was started in 2012 with three main goals:
- Strengthen the fabric of our community.
- Serve people and give them a means to serve.
- Establish new relationships and meet real needs of our community members.
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle of exchange strengthens our community bonds and empowers increased independence from imported goods and services.
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.